Electrical Engineer/Electrical BIM Leader
Year joined DMA: 2016
My passion is learning about the development of innovative technologies in building services, and the benefits it can bring to our clients and their buildings.
Since I joined DMA Engineers, I’ve been delivering electrical and communication infrastructure design for clients, helping them to achieve their overall project vision. During this time I’ve worked on a range of projects including commercial office spaces, hospitals, retail outlets and schools.
My passion is learning about the development of innovative technologies in building services, and the benefits it can bring to our clients and their buildings. This can be in the form of helping clients realise the benefits of Building Information Modelling (BIM) to new energy efficiency methods. As the electrical BIM leader for DMA, I help to ensure our electrical team has the latest resources and training to provide modelling that can benefit our client’s projects.
• Building services engineering.
• Specialist lighting design.
• 3D & 2D modelling, including the integration of building and construction information into 3D models.
DMA head office – I completed the electrical design of our new office space on Wickham Terrace, and have an ongoing role project managing all required office base upgrades across all disciplines.
Other key projects include:
• Ronald McDonald level 09 refurbishment
• Montserrat Westside Private Hospital
• McDonalds Queensland stores – new & refurbishments
• Dan Murphys refurbishments
• Woolworths refurbishments
For me, its ensuring the building is fit for purpose and can adapt to future ambitions.