Senior Hydraulic Designer
Year joined DMA: 2017
Dean is a trade-qualified, licensed plumber with more than 13 years’ experience. He joined DMA in May 2017 where he specialises in hydraulic design. The combination of his previous employment experiences including industrial, civil, commercial and maintenance along with his skills and formal qualifications set Dean apart as a strong leader in the hydraulics design sphere. A helpful and responsive consultant, Dean prides himself on delivering his projects on-time and on-budget.
Dean brings extensive experience designing plumbing, drainage and gas systems for compliant outcomes in many different sectors as well as hands on experience developed over his previous life as a plumber. Dean is highly skilled at modelling in Revit and working within clash detection programs. He works well with clients and other disciplines to provide effective solutions to problems.
DMA Engineers were engaged to provide Hydraulic Design services on the Brisbane Private Hospital CSSD Upgrade project. This was a highly complex project involving an existing building with minimal information available on existing services.
Dean Carter from DMA was extremely responsive and proactive in addressing issues and concerns as they arose, ensuring works could progress on site with no delay to the project program. With his background as a trade plumber, Dean was able to work closely with the on-site plumbers to rectify existing non-compliant plumbing issues that had been causing the hospital problems for several years. He also developed money-saving solutions such as identifying a more efficient location for the RO plant, resulting in a reduction in the length of the required stainless steel RO pipework.
Dean is a great communicator who continually kept the project team updated on how design and documentation were tracking, and was very easy to work with. Overall, the DMA project team has, and continues, to perform extremely well on this project.
Sam Davidson, Project Manager, RCP
• Arcare Parkwood – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Arcare Noosaville – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Brisbane Private CSSD Upgrade – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• McDonalds – NSW, QLD, VIC and NT – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Logan City Council Animal Shelter Redevelopment – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Multiple D&C projects for builders and plumbing contractors – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Hamilton State School New Learning Centre – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Sunnybank Hills Shopping Town Tradewaste Audit and Tradewaste Remedial Works – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Fraser Coast Mental Health Facility – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Caboolture Hospital MSCP – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• 15 Miles Platting Road Commercial Highrise Building – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Miles Platting Road Town House Development – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Sunshine West Child Care – Lead Hydraulic Consultant