One of the critical design features of the new development was the need for the new buildings to complement the historic architecture of the existing buildings on campus. Working closely with the project architects Fulton Trotter, some of the key features of DMA͛s design included:
- Electronic scoreboards in the new basketball court
- Short throw data projectors in each new classroom
- Variable speed EC fans installed in the hospitality kitchen, providing a flexible design while minimising noise and energy use
- Modern large air volume fans, Big Ass Fans, installed in the Sport Court outdoor learning environment, providing improved comfort conditions for students
- Innovative thermal insulation spray applied to the technology rooms͛ ceiling soffits.
This allowed for seamless and neat integration with exposed services, while maintaining thermal energy performance of the floor above.