Queensland Rail (QR) had identified a need to improve station access for customers and staff including those with disabilities, the elderly, parents with prams, people with injuries and luggage carriers. The improvements, including new platform access bridges, lifts, shelters, and platform widening/raising, would enable all customers to travel more safely and easily on the rail network.
Morayfield, Strathpine and Boondall stations were identified by QR as three stations that needed immediate upgrades, however it is anticipated that additional stations will follow.
Our team provided electrical, hydraulic and mechanical services design as part of the John Holland team during construction. Major features of the services design included:
- Public lighting to platforms and other publicly accessible areas such as ramps, stairways and accessways.
- Additional illuminated signage and wayfinding to make it easier for customers to navigate the stations.
- Power services including transformers.
- Earthing systems to QR requirements.
- Stormwater drainage, sanitary drainage and water services.
- Air conditioning and ventilation to the new station building.
- Ventilation to lift shafts.