Year joined DMA: 2016
Rory has more than 17 years’ experience working in hydraulics services, mainly as a hydraulics designer. A qualified plumbing contractor, he spent the early part of his career working on domestic and commercial projects before moving into hydraulic consultancy where he has gained vast experience in most types of construction sectors. For more than ten years Rory has worked in senior roles, providing team leadership, and gaining valuable technical experience. In his current role he is responsible for managing projects, budgets, schedules and representing DMA Engineers to clients and industry stakeholders.
Rory is highly skilled at hydraulics and fire services design and documentation and BIM services coordination. His estimating skills and attentive plumbing and drainage site inspections ensure accuracy across his projects. He provides transparent fee proposals for all building services and ensures project timelines are met and works well with other trades, contractors and his clients.
DMA provided detailed work within the allocated timeframe, answered all requests diligently and coordinated with other consultants on the team. The result on the last project was that not a single design error was revealed when the project was under construction. Jeremy Haldane, 8i Architects
• Sullivan Nicolaides Head Office, Bowen Hills (QLD) – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• STARS / SRACC Development, Herston Brisbane – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Mater Hospital and Mater Private Hospital Brisbane (MPBH) Advanced Water Treatment project – DMA Project Manager and Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Sunshine Coast University Hospital Services – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Brisbane Private Hospital (QLD) – CSSD Upgrade – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Mater Private Hospital AHU Replacement (QLD) Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Logan Hospital (QLD) – Maternity, Digitalisation – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• The Avenue, Maroochydore (QLD) DMA Project Manager & Lead Hydraulic
• Caloundra Christian College (QLD) – DMA Project Manager & Lead Hydraulic
• QUT Creative Industries Precinct 2 & 3 (QLD) Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• USQ Springfield – Block F Engineering Building – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Brisbane Markets – Building ‘F’ Fresh Centre – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Mercedes Benz Dealership, Newstead (QLD) – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Easy Times Brewery (QLD) DMA Project Manager & Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• Lutwyche City Shopping Centre (QLD) – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
• National Cricket Australia Campus (QLD) – Lead Hydraulic Consultant
Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AIQS), Detailed Building Measurement (2015), Volume 2, Dr Rick Best (Bond University), Chapter 13 Hydraulics & Drainage.